I didn’t get to everything this year and was very surprised at how “little” I had done. I have not done as much blogging about quilting this year as I had hoped, 2016 should bring more of my projects to life as I now have a better understanding of how to “post” but will keep learning and making mistakes.
Here is the list of what I did accomplish for 2015
- Card Trick, Top only. I was going to add photos of The Musketeers from my favorite BBCA show and that delayed me to the point of not doing it at all.
- Round Robin #1, Top only. Features a Black and White cat for the center and then following people in the party add boarders.
- Round Robin #2. Paper Pieced Cat on 3 blankets. My first time doing Paper Piecing. It was very interesting.
- Round Robin #3 was started but has not come home yet. Kitty in Purple.
- Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt from Ebony Love’s website “English Manor”. It was fun using various fabrics I had around the house trying to keep it red and blue based so it wouldn’t get to wild. Then I had it quilted on a “big” machine that I rented from Just Sew Studio. It took about 3 hours to quilt it but it’s all done and on my bed.
- Then there was a special request from my daughter for a Watermelon Pillow, not just in watermelon fabric. that would have been easy. Final result from the very fuzzy fabric, she loves it.
- Applique pillows for my parents RV to replace old ones from 5 or 6 years ago.
- Halloween table runner. I love Halloween, my favorite holiday. I had fabric and didn’t know what to do with it at a quilting weekend.
- Wedding table runner and 4 placemats. embroidered date of my stepson and new wife wedding date.
They love them.
- Pot Holder sets for Christmas. 1 Leaf, 2 circles, and 1 square. A first for me as well using special heat reflecting batting.
- Also scrap bag holders, made 2 of them.
- Log Cabin Pillows, made 5 sets for Christmas gifts
So not a ton of actual quilt tops done but lots of quilting being done. Lots of trying new items to quilt.
I hope that 2016 brings you great quilting times.
Tell me what you have done new this year?