The Shrek/Donkey bag was made for an Instagram Swap. I am rather proud of it as the applique pattern was created by me. There were no paper piecing nor applique patterns on Pinterest or anywhere else, so what is a person to do…create their own.
I traced Shreks image onto freezer paper, which gives a temporary hold to the fabric, so I could easily cut the sections out. When put together Shrek looked like this.
Then you have to stitch around them, layering each one carefully.
Here is what the outside of my bag looked like while I was quilting it.
and when it was finished.
Donkey on the other side.
and the inside
The bag pattern itself is from Crafy Gemini via YouTube. I even used the Bosal foam. I found that after I ironed it some places didn’t stick but that is why it was quilted as well. Very easy to use and as you can see the bag stands on it’s own.
This was a fun swap to do. It was challenging and yet turned out pretty well.
As always if you have questions or want more information about the project, drop me a comment.
Happy Quilting/Crafting – T